AVG (Anti-virus Guard) is a cyber-security software that aims to keep your device free from technical threats. It is a modern anti-virus that can be used on Windows, Mac or Android. Also, it comes with various features that can block unsafe links, prevent potential threats from harming your device and scan your device. However, you may need to know how to disable AVG in case you want to install some other security software. You may also want to disable AVG if it is blocking some websites or application of your choice.
If a user is in need to Completely Remove and Disable AVG Antivirus for another program to work effectively, then they can do this easily within the AVG interface itself. According to AVG antivirus help expert professionals, users can even completely remove AVG if it is more prone to problems than usual. It is for users of AVG antivirus to work with another antivirus program by replacing it with them such as Windows Defender.
Below is a step by step guidance to Completely Remove and Disable AVG Antivirus as guided by a team of AVG Customer Support professionals.
Method 1 is described by disabling AVG on Windows
- Double-click on the AVG icon in the system tray of your computer system
- Next, simply click on the “Options” menu which is located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Selection of “Advanced settings” icon to be done by users
- Click on the “Temporarily Disable AVG Protection” option to go ahead with the process easily.
- Clicking on the “Temporarily Disable AVG Protection” button is recommended for users.
- A user is supposed to select the time period they wish to disable AVG antivirus.
- Check by clicking on the “Disable Firewall protection” option if you wish to turn the firewall off or not?
- Tap on the “OK” button to save all the changes made by you.
Method 2 checks for disabling AVG on Mac
- Open up the AVG program section.
- Click the “On” menu just below the Realtime Protection” icon and then select the “Off” button
- Enable the AVG again when you’re completely done
Method 3 is all about uninstalling AVG on Mac system
- Open up the “AVG” program.
- Turn off the real-time protection carefully.
- Click on the “AVG AntiVirus” menu and then tap on the “Uninstall AVG AntiVirus.”
- Tap on the “Continue” option and then type the administrator password carefully
- Rebooting the computer to complete the un-installation process is highly required.
Following given steps you will completely remove AVG antivirus from your systems. If you are unable to do that please contact AVG installation support team.
2nd Ways to Completely Remove and Disable AVG Antivirus|Effective Solutions
You can disable AVG software if you follow some procedures that have been expert-approved. However, you need to ensure that the website/file/program is free of virus by running an online scan before implementing the procedures. Also, you need to know how to disable AVG both on Windows and Mac.
Disabling AVG On Windows
First of all, you need to open the Control Panel to initiate the process. In case AVG is messing with your existing programs, you can replace it with Windows Defender. You need to go to the control panel after clicking on the ‘start’ button.
Then, you will have to select ‘Programs and Features’ and click ‘Uninstall a Program’ in the category view. You are going to see a list of the already installed programs. After this, you need to click on ‘AVG protection’ as you will have to uninstall the additional services of AVG before you uninstall AVG.
Then, you will need to click on the ‘uninstall’ button to launch the AVG uninstaller. In the AVG uninstaller, you should click on ‘uninstall’ to eliminate the program. After this, you will be prompted to restart your system which you can skip at the time. Moreover, you need to delete all the programs installed by AVG before installing AVG. Then, you will have to uninstall AVG and then restart your computer.
Turning Off AVG On Mac
To disable AVG on Mac, you need to first open the AVG program from the menu bar. If not, you can also find AVG by opening Applications. However, unlike most Mac programs, you won’t be able to uninstall AVG by dragging it to the trash.
After that, you will have to disable the real-time protection to continue the process. Under the real-time protection option, you need to set it ‘Off’ in the place of ‘On’. After that, you need to select “Uninstall AVG AntiVirus'” under the ‘AVG antivirus’ menu.
This will launch the uninstaller and you will have to click on ‘Continue’. After this, you should enter the administrator password in order to uninstall AVG from your Mac. However, you will need to reboot the computer to complete the process of uninstallation.
Related Blog : How to Fix AVG Error 1067?
Why you should call AVG Customer Support?
Technicians working at AVG technical support department have their ultimate goal to deliver its customers the best-in-class AVG tech support solutions that are highly optimized in nature. This is the reason why we are chosen by thousands of customers worldwide. We have the biggest track record of delivering our customers a highly satisfactory tech related answers for critical level AVG issues just to make sure that they don’t have to face the same issue again and again.
So, what you need to do is just to dial our number and get in touch with at our AVG antivirus support phone number +1-888-624-7214 which is offers 24 hours a day services enabling prompt action to every customer’s problem across the world as well as on remote basis. Come and explore our highly developed yet simple to use AVG tech support solutions.