How to Fix AVG Error Code 0x80004004?James E. Froehlich
The users usually encounter AVG Error Code 0x80004004. You may encounter the error when you suddenly abort the software. You can also confront the mistake when the virus or the spyware protection software are unable to take the update. We are here to fix the error 0x80004004 in AVG.
The AVG or the Anti Virus Guard is the complete computer security software. It protects your PC from online threats. However, it usually occurs when you try to update your program. Simply following few steps you can AVG Error Code 0x80004004.
The AVG Error Code 0x80004004 is the complex defender error. If you get such kinds of knotty errors then you need to Fix AVG Error Code 0x80004004 in a consistent manner.
If you use the same security suite & get intricate errors try to fix it in professional way. If you want to fix such kinds of errors, then you need to get on your devices—remote software or phone. Go through channels—distant, cyber, or mobile. All in all, try to contact AVG Antivirus Tech Support right away. If you want to fix the same error by yourself then follow the steps as given below:
AVG error 0x80004004 – What Is It?
The AVG error 0x80004004 is the complex error code. In most of the cases, when you try to update your programme to the latest version you may face this issue. However, in a few instances rebooting your system might trigger the error code. The error code refers that your system is not compatible with the update. You can follow the steps given below to remove the conflict. Also, alternatively you can get in touch with our support executives for immediate assistance.
Probable Causes for AVG error 0x80004004
Here are some common reasons for encountering error code 0x80004004.
- The outdated drivers can make you confront the failure.
- All of a sudden aborting any running program.
- Any third-party antivirus installed in the system.
- Poor internet connectivity issues.
These are some common reasons for the AVG failure. However, there could be a number of reasons causing this issue.
Steps to Resolve AVG Error Code 0x80004004:
Step 1: Reboot Your System
You need to reboot your operating machine.
Step 2: Remove Antivirus Software Tool
Remove extra antivirus software tool except AVG from your system. User can run only single antivirus at a time.
Step 4: Change Error Related Registry Entries
Try to change error related registry entries. To do so, get the command prompt window & then enter “regedit” command on it. You will get registry editor. After that, follow the wizard steps one by one.
Step 5: Use Anti-Spyware, Anti-Antivirus Tool
You need to use anti-spyware & anti-virus tool against files or folders.
Step 6: Remove Temporary Files or Folders
Running the “Cleanmgr” command will remove temporary files or folders of your system. Steps to go are:
- Click on “Start” taskbar menu
- You will get the search bar.
- Type “cmd.exe” command in the field.
- You will get the command prompt box.
- Type “cleanmgr” command on the black-screen window.
- At last, hit [Enter] key.
Related Blog: How to Fix AVG Error 1406?
Step 7: Install New Windows System Updates
You need to install new Windows system updates on your system.
Hardware Requirements for AVG:
- Intel Pentium CPU 1.5 GHz
- You need to use at least 1, 2 GB of free hard drive space for installation.
- Use 512 MB (Windows XP) or 1024 MB (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
- It is applicable for OSs—Android, Windows 8, 10, XP Home Edition SP3, XP Professional SP3, 2000
Still, getting AVG Error Code 0x80004004?
Steps to Fix AVG Error Code 0x80004004
Follow the steps to fix the error code 0x80004004.
- Reboot the system – In most of the cases, restarting your device do the trick. Shut down your personal computer then again start your pc. You can also directly restart your computer.
- Remove Antivirus Software Tool – In case you are using a third-party antivirus software other than AVG installed in your computer, then you need to uninstall it. Go to the control panel and navigate to programs and feature. Then search for the third-party software and uninstall it. If necessary, then you can also remove the AVG software too. Follow the above steps for the uninstallation.
- Removing Temporary Files and Folders – Remove all the temporary and unnecessary data from your pc. This can also be a helpful step to resolve the error.
Try out these steps to fix the errors. These will surely resolve the issues.
Contact 1-888-609-5383 AVG Antivirus Support to Get Free consultation
If you yet get error 0x80004004 then always try to contact professionals as soon as possible. The quickest way is to get on your mobile to dial the Avg customer support. Placing a call at toll-free number will connect you with experts. After that, experts will try to host runtime errors on the spot. At the last, professional will try to fix runtime error codes or messages within a short while.